If you’re planning a Destin family reunion and you’ve been put in charge of things to do, you may be looking for activities that work well for large groups. Each year, we get dozens of calls from people who are planning excursions for their family reunions or large groups and the planner almost invariably isn’t sure where to begin. We put together this post as a way to help you come up with ideas, plan, and start scheduling your next family reunion or event in Destin.
- Crab Island Water Park: The Crab Island Water Park is loads up fun for all ages! This giant inflatable obstacle course is set up at Crab Island from around Memorial Day to Labor Day and features all kinds of slip-sliding fun that will have you laughing for years to come. You’ll have to rent or charter a boat, or ride the Crab Island Shuttle Boat, to get there, and purchase an armband from the floating kiosk next to the inflatables. Even if inflatables aren’t your thing, Crab Island offers tons of other activities that are fun for all ages, and especially for large groups like family reunions.
- Adventure Tour: This all-inclusive boat tour offers seating for up to 37 passengers. Reserve the whole boat or as many seats as you need. You’ll depart from the Destin Harbor, sightsee for dolphins, and drop anchor at your aquatic adventure destination where you can snorkel, hunt for seashells, jump on an inflatable trampoline, slide down an inflatable slide, and paddle around in a clear-bottom kayak or stand-up paddleboard. All activities are included in the ticket price. Guaranteed to wear your family out!
- Deep Sea Fishing: Plan a fishing trip for up to 23 people and see why Destin is known as the World’s Luckiest Fishing Village. Target red snapper, grouper, amberjack, or mahi mahi as you fish the depths of the Gulf with the experienced captain and crew. Bonus: the crew will filet and bag up your catch which you can grill or fry later at a family fish fry!
- Pirate Cruise: If you have plenty of young children in your group, plan a pirate adventure day aboard a pirate ship. The boat accommodates up to 40 passengers and the tour can include dressing up, facepainting, treasure hunting and a water cannon war against a villain.
- Speed boat tour: A group of up to 14 passengers can ride in style on this speed boat tour, where you’ll watch for dolphins, sightsee, and hit up Crab Island for a day of fun in the sun. As with other tours, rates include the captain and crew member to cater to your family’s every need.
- Pontoon boat rentals: We offer pontoon boats for rent that seat 8-14 people each. Rent one or a few to accommodate your group and spend the day anchored at Crab Island for some fun in the sun. Add a jet ski rental for some extra fun at a discounted rate. Unlike with boat tours, you’ll have free reign during your rental as you’ll pilot the boat yourselves. (Pontoon boats are easy to drive with some basic instruction that you’ll receive upon arrival.)
- Waverunner Dolphin Tours: We offer guided dolphin tours on waverunners, which can be a fun addition to your family reunion. Waverunners sit close to the water so watching the dolphins from this vantage point feels more up-close and personal. Guides know where the dolphins like to feed, so you are more likely to see them during a guided tour than on your own. Each waverunner seats up to 2 people, so you can pair up with your favorite family member for the ride.
Whichever activity you choose, we at Destin Vacation Boat Rentals hope you have found this list of activities to be helpful in planning your family reunion or event for large groups. If we can assist you in planning any of these activities, please give us a call at (850) 650-2628.