The Crab Island Shuttle Boat, Destin’s newest glass bottom boat excursion, offers the cheapest way to get to Crab Island, Destin’s most popular boating destination. This shuttle service is offered with transportation to and from Destin’s famous Crab Island, and round-trip tickets can be purchased for $40 for 2.5 hour excursion tickets or $50 for 3 hour excursion tickets. It’s the most affordable way to safely get to Crab Island and check out the sandbar, and is a great alternative to renting a boat for smaller groups that don’t want to spend the money on a rental or for those who aren’t comfortable driving their own boat.
Bring your floaties and a small cooler and enjoy the short shuttle boat ride from the Harbor in Destin, featuring breathtaking underwater views through the full-length glass bottom viewing area, and 2-2.5 full hours anchored at Crab Island, where you can float or walk around the sandbar or enjoy attractions such as the floating Reef Burger Restaurant, mobile food boat vendors, and more (note: attractions are separate businesses and are not included in shuttle ticket price). For information on our 4-hour all-inclusive Crab Island Adventure Tour, click here.
About The Crab Island Shuttle Boat
The Crab Island Shuttle Boat is a licensed, insured, U.S. Coast Guard documented, 32’ foot “glass bottom” tour boat with the capacity to seat up to 27 passengers (each living, breathing human being counts as a passenger on the boat and must be accounted for during booking), plus captain and crew. There is a small storage compartment located under each seat for your personal items such as a small cooler, sunscreen, sunglasses, and camera and a toilet facility on board for your convenience. The seating area is covered to offer shade from the sun and there is easy ladder access on and off the boat so that you can enjoy Crab Island or relax onboard for the duration of the excursion. Food, drink, and alcohol (no glass bottles, please) are allowed on the boat, but please remember that this is a family-friendly excursion.
For more information about the Crab Island Shuttle Boat, call (850) 650-2628. Scroll down for pricing and schedule.
Included in Shuttle Boat Ticket Price:
- 2.5 or 3 hour boat excursion with transportation to and from Crab Island
- Guided tour of the Destin Harbor and Crab Island
- Licensed captain and crew member, who stay with you at Crab Island for the duration of the tour
- Life jackets for all ages
- Covered seat directly facing the 25 ft glass bottom viewing area
- Under-seat storage compartment
- On-board toilet facility
- Large floating mat for lounging on the water
- Free parking at our location during your excursion (a $10 value)
2020 Shuttle Boat Schedule:
- May 16-Sept 5: Tuesday-Sunday (closed Mondays) 9:00-11:30am, 12:00-3pm, & 3:30-6pm
- Sept 7-Oct 31: Tuesday-Sunday 10am-12:30pm, 1:00-4pm
Advance reservations are required. There is a minimum number of seats required for the tour to run.
- $40 per seat – standard 2.5 hour excursion
- $50 per seat – extended 3 hour mid-day excursion (peak season only)
- $32 for children 5 & under (all trips)
*6.5% Florida sales tax and 3% National Parks Service admission added to ticket price. Rates may vary on holidays and holiday weekends.
Customers may cancel at least 48 hours prior to their arrival date and time to receive a full refund minus a $5 service fee. Customers that cancel after the 48 hour period will not be eligible for a refund. If weather is unfavorable, the tour may be rescheduled for a later time/date or a full refund will be issued. Customer may make changes to the reservation without any fees as long as it’s outside the 48 hour cancellation period. No-shows will not be refunded.