Captain your own pontoon boat for up to 12 people as you cruise the Destin Harbor and Choctawhatchee Bay. Sightsee for dolphins and other wildlife, anchor at Crab Island for some fun in the sun, or claim your own spot of private beach along the National Seashore where you can snorkel, look for seashells, and play in the water. Rentals will depart from Heron Harbor Marina on the Destin Harbor, approximately one third of one mile from Crab Island, or 5 minutes by boat.
About the Vessel:
Length: 24 ft
Engine: 60hp Mercury 4 stroke
Year: 2017, 2018, 2019 (cannot guarantee a particular year)
Capacity: 12 total passengers (including infants/children)
Fishing allowed? Yes. Bring your own gear and fishing licenses.
Pets allowed? With $50 per pet cleaning fee.
Minimum age to rent: 21
Requirements: If born after Jan 1, 1988 must have a valid Florida Boater’s Safety card (or NASBLA-certified equivalent from another state). Tests available on site for $5. Bring your ID and arrive 30-45 minutes early if you need to test.
Boat Rental Includes:
- Rental Orientation
- Choice of one kayak or paddleboard to bring with you during your rental period.
- Life Jackets (infant/child vests too!)
- Swim ladder
- USCG required safety gear
- 10’ bimini top for shade
- Bluetooth Stereo.
- Parking available on site.
Rental period: Half day rental is 4 hours (9am-1pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm), full day is 8 hours (9am-5pm). The rental period starts at the time of reservation, not at the time of arrival. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure if you wish to use all of your rental time. You are not required to arrive on time if you prefer to get a late start, however please call us if you will be more than one hour late.
Reservations: Required. Book early as space is limited. 15% deposit is required to hold the reservation, with remainder due upon arrival.
Cancellation Policy: Should your boat rental reservation need to be canceled, please contact us at least 48 hours prior to your rental. Cancellations made prior to 48 hours will receive a full refund of the deposit minus a $5 processing fee. Cancellations made after 48 hours but prior to 24 hours will forfeit the 15% deposit. Same-day cancellations (less than 24 hours notice) and “no-shows” will be charged the rental rate plus sales tax. The cancellation policy will be waived if the rental is cancelled by management due to inclement weather at the time of departure.
- Jan 1-April 15, 2020: $200/half day or $300/full day (limit 10 passengers for social distancing)
- April 16-May 15, 2020: $250/half day or $350/full day
- May 16-June 30, Aug 1-Sept 7, 2020: $275/half day or $450/full day (excluding holidays)
- July 1-31: $295/half day or $495/full day
- Sept 7-Dec 31, 2020: $250/half day or $350/full day
- May 23 & May 24, 2020: $550/full days only
- June 6, 2020 (Billy Bowlegs Pirate Fest): Bowlegs Festival Prohibited.
- July 3-5, 2020: $550/full days only
- Sept 5-6, 2020: $450/full days only
*Add 6.5% Florida sales tax to rental rates.