There are many waterfront restaurants in the Destin area, but only a few that are easily accessible by boat. If you’re planning to spend a day on the water and are looking for establishments that offer boat docks, these waterfront restaurants are our top picks for docking for lunch or dinner.
- The Edge Seafood Restaurant & Skybar – Destin’s newest restaurant on the Destin Harbor, the Edge Seafood Restaurant offers a multitude of free transient slips for boaters to pull up to the dock to either dine in or order out. Expect fresh Florida seafood, burgers, daiquiris and other alcoholic beverages in a casual waterfront setting. Unlike most waterfront restaurants, the Edge is actually built on top of the water, providing you with panoramic Harbor views downstairs and views of the Harbor, East Pass, and Gulf of Mexico upstairs. Dock on the east side of the center dock or in the boat slips on the east dock. (Pro tip: adults can check out the Skybar upstairs, Destin’s only adults-only harborside rooftop bar for the best views.)
- Harbor Docks-One of Destin’s oldest institutions, Harbor Docks features fresh gulf seafood, award-winning sushi, and thai dishes with a gorgeous view of the Destin Harbor. You can pull up to the dock and enter through the back of the restaurant and dine either indoors or outdoors. Boat parking is limited.
- Boshamps- Boshamps Oyster Bar has a HUGE outdoor seating area with multiple levels, an outdoor bar, and a large white sand beach featuring palm trees and hammocks, volleyball, and cornhole games as well as free cane poles for fishing on the docks, this full-service restaurant and bar is boat accessible and is tons of fun for the whole family! In the winter months, a fire pit makes for a cozy gathering area. Go early as there are only a couple of spaces available for the public to dock.
- The Gulf – Located on Okaloosa Island, the Gulf offers beachside dining on the Santa Rosa Sound, just minutes from Crab Island. You’ll find palm trees, a manicured lawn, and a sandy beach with an atmosphere that is both casual and upscale. The chalkboard menu changes often with choices based on what is locally and seasonally available. There is a brand new T-pier that you can pull your boat up to, offering plenty of space for boats of all sizes.
- Lulu’s-Owned by Jimmy Buffett’s sister Lucy Buffett, is a quirky, family-oriented bayside beach bar and grill. While they don’t have an actual dock, you can drop anchor and wade in (water is 2-3 ft deep). A white sandy beach and kids’ activity area complete the scene. Lulu’s is known for being family-friendly and having a laid back atmosphere. They also have a very nice outdoor bar with great views of the bay.