There are many waterfront restaurants in the Destin area, but only a few that are easily accessible by boat. If you’re planning to spend a day on the water, these restaurants are our top picks for docking for lunch or dinner.
1. Boshamps- Boshamps Oyster Bar has probably the most impressive offerings for boaters. A HUGE outdoor seating area of multiple levels, tiki bars, and a large white sand beach featuring palm trees and hammocks, volleyball, and cornhole games as well as free cane poles for fishing on the docks, this restaurant and bar is easily accessible and tons of fun for the whole family! In the winter months, a fire pit makes for a cozy gathering area.
2. Harbor Docks-One of Destin’s oldest institutions, Harbor Docks features fresh gulf seafood and sushi and a gorgeous view of the Destin Harbor. You can pull up to the dock and enter through the back of the restaurant and dine either indoors or outdoors.
3. Dewey Destin’s-The epitome of casual. Dewey’s bayfront location is conveniently accessible from Crab Island without having to enter a no wake zone to get there. Order fresh seafood off the chalkboard menu and they will bring your food to your chosen picnic table when it’s ready.
4. Fudpucker’s on Okaloosa Island-Known for great food and family fun, Fudpucker’s Okaloosa Island location has a small dock but allows you to drop anchor in the shallow waters of the Bay and walk in. Dine while overlooking the bay, then bring the kids inside as an arcade and alligator exhibit complete the experience!
5. Louisiana Lagniappe-fine dining with a view! Located at the back of the Harbor at Sandpiper Cove, Louisiana Lagniappe features delicious coastal cajun cuisine and a magnificient view of the Destin Harbor, especially at sunset! Opens at 4pm daily.
6. LuLu’s-LuLu’s, owned by Jimmy Buffett’s sister Lucy Buffett, is Destin’s newest dining establishment. While they don’t have an actual dock, they are located next door to a large marina at the foot of the Mid Bay Bridge where you can dock larger boats, or, as at Fudpucker’s, you can drop anchor and wade in. A white sandy beach and volleyball nets complete the scene. Lulu’s is known for their daiquiris, great view, and laid back atmosphere.