There are many waterfront restaurants in the Destin area, but only a few that are easily accessible by boat. If you’re planning to spend a day on the water and are looking for establishments that offer boat docks, these waterfront restaurants are our top picks for docking for lunch or dinner.
- The Edge – Destin’s newest restaurant on the Destin Harbor, the Edge Seafood Restaurant offers a multitude of free transient slips for boaters to pull up to the dock to either dine in or order out. Expect fresh Florida seafood, burgers, daiquiris and other alcoholic beverages in a casual waterfront setting. Unlike most waterfront restaurants, the Edge is actually built on top of the water, providing you with panoramic Harbor views downstairs and views of the Harbor, East Pass, and Gulf of Mexico upstairs. Dock on the east side of the center dock or in the boat slips on the east dock. (Pro tip: adults can check out the Skybar upstairs, Destin’s only adults-only harborside rooftop bar for the best views.)
- Harbor Docks-One of Destin’s oldest institutions, Harbor Docks features fresh gulf seafood and sushi and a gorgeous view of the Destin Harbor. You can pull up to the dock and enter through the back of the restaurant and dine either indoors or outdoors. Boat parking is limited.
- Dewey Destin’s-The epitome of casual. Dewey’s bayfront location is conveniently accessible from Crab Island without having to enter a no wake zone to get there. Order fresh seafood off the chalkboard menu and they will bring your food to your chosen picnic table when it’s ready.
- Boshamps- Boshamps Oyster Bar has a HUGE outdoor seating area with multiple levels, an outdoor bar, and a large white sand beach featuring palm trees and hammocks, volleyball, and cornhole games as well as free cane poles for fishing on the docks, this full-service restaurant and bar is boat accessible and is tons of fun for the whole family! In the winter months, a fire pit makes for a cozy gathering area. Go early as there are only a couple of spaces available for the public to dock.
- The Gulf – Located on Okaloosa Island, the Gulf offers beachside dining on the Santa Rosa Sound, just minutes from Crab Island. You’ll find palm trees, a manicured lawn, and a sandy beach with an atmosphere that is both casual and upscale. The chalkboard menu changes often with choices based on what is locally and seasonally available. The restaurant doesn’t have an actual dock or slips to pull up to, but you can anchor out or pull up on the beach.
- Lulu’s-Owned by Jimmy Buffett’s sister Lucy Buffett, is Destin’s newest dining establishment. While they don’t have an actual dock, you can drop anchor and wade in (water is 2-3 ft deep). A white sandy beach and kids’ activity area complete the scene. Lulu’s is known for being family-friendly and having a laid back atmosphere. They also have a very nice outdoor bar with great views of the bay.
I renting a condo with dock and have a 24′ pontoon and would love an evening or two doing a pontoon pull up, anchor out , wade up evening of dinner enjoyment. Any recommendations?
The Gulf on Okaloosa Island and Lulu’s will be your best options for anchoring and wading in. You can pull up to the docks at Harbor Docks or Dewey Destin’s bayside and walk in as well. Hope that helps!
What restaurants can dock a 45 ft boat?
Insightful and hope you keep sharing such wonderful information with us