The New Year has arrived and bathing suit season is just around the corner! If you’re like most people, you may have used this landmark time to resolve to get healthier or to lose weight, so that you can look great in your swimsuit this year. But how many of us have spent weeks or months trying to shed a few pounds only to gain them all back (and then some) during our vacation? Ugh.
Luckily, there are ways to incorporate some fitness activities into your vacation to help keep those unwanted pounds away, and they are way more fun than packing your dumbells and trying to work out in your condo every morning. One of the keys to living a healthier life is staying active, and we at Destin Vacation Boat Rentals have just what you need to stay active on your vacation with these 7 activities. And they’ll probably be ten times more fun than the gym!
- Fishing. Destin is the World’s Luckiest Fishing Village and no vacation is complete without sinking a line in the water. You can burn an average of 170 calories per hour while fishing, and more if you’re fighting big fish on a fishing charter. Bonus: you’ll also get quite the upper body workout!
- Paddling. Rent a standup paddleboard or kayak and paddle the historic Destin Harbor. You can burn around 230 calories per hour with light, recreational kayaking or paddleboarding. Kick up your intensity to burn even more!
- Jet Skiing. Jet skiing is a great way to satisfy your need for speed. Fly across the top of the water on an exhilarating jet ski ride that will give you a total body workout and burn up to 450 calories per hour. So much fun you won’t even know you’re working out!
- Tubing. Kids love tubing behind the boat, but they really love it when Mom or Dad gets involved too! Riding behind the boat, splashing in the wake of the boat as you try to hold on will burn around 300 calories per hour and you will have memories that will last forever!
- Wakeboarding. At around 400 calories per hour, this water sport is rigorous and exhilarating! You will work muscles you didn’t even know you had. Ask me how I know…;)
- Snorkeling. At around 230 calories per hour, snorkeling is a great workout that will provide hours of fun as you explore the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico. See various species of fish, crabs, and the occasional sea turtle, cow nose ray , dolphin, or even manatee!
- Sailing. Learn the ropes-literally! Take a sailing lesson and spend the day soaking up the sun as you learn how to sail our beautiful waterways. Sailing will burn about about 150 calories per hour and you may discover a new passion!