Looking for Destin attractions for adults? You may find that as a family-friendly destination, there are plenty of things to do with kids. But that doesn’t mean there is any shortage of adult activities! Check out these 7 Destin attractions for adults to get you started:
- Crab Island-Crab Island is a fun place for everyone. There are party crowds and there are family crowds, and Crab Island is large enough to be able to accommodate them both. Despite its name, Crab Island is actually not an island at all, but an underwater sandbar and popular gathering spot for locals and visitors alike who like to drop anchor for a day of fun in the sun. You’ll find floating restaurants, mobile food vendors who travel by boat, and hundreds of people hanging out for some fun in the sun. If you want to join the crowd at Crab Island, you’ll need to rent a boat or take the shuttle to get there, but the memories you make will be well worth the cost.
- Fireworks cruises– The Destin Harbor lights up every Thursday night during the summer months for an incredible fireworks show that is best seen from the water. Take a fireworks cruise and enjoy watching the sun set over the horizon, sightsee for dolphins, and then drop anchor under the stars as the sky explodes with colors reflected by the water.
- Floating Tiki Boat Tour- Everyone knows a stop at a tiki bar is a must while you’re on a beach vacation. What’s even better? A floating tiki bar! These adorable floating tiki bars will leave you with photos that will make all of your Facebook friends green with envy (emerald green, that is! ;) )! Bring your own food/drinks and your sense of adventure and enjoy a cruise of the Destin Harbor and the beautiful emerald green waters at Crab Island.
- Adventure Tour – The Crab Island Adventure Tour offers a little something under the sun for everyone. The 3 and 4 hour tours include a a boat tour, sightseeing, snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, and an inflatable water park. You’ll be surprised how much fun you’ll have, regardless of your age!
- Jet Ski Rental– You can satisfy your need for speed as you race across the water or go at a slower pace and sightsee for dolphins and other wildlife while taking in the sights of the beautiful Emerald Coast. A guided dolphin tour on waverunners is also a great way to to see the sights and the local wildlife. You must be 18 to rent a jet ski in the state of Florida.
- Golf– There are plenty of golf courses, and even mini-golf courses, in and around the Destin area and you’ll have no trouble finding many of places to play a round or two, if golf is the type of activity that floats your boat. If you’re short on time or don’t want to pay hefty golf course fees, the local driving range, Golf Gardens, can be great fun for a couple of hours, and it’s easy on the wallet too!
- Visit a Rooftop Bar- Sip on a cocktail while you take in amazing views of the Harbor at the new Skybar at The Edge, Destin Harbor’s only rooftop, adults-only bar.
Whichever activity you decide to try, you’re sure to have a great time on Florida’s Emerald Coast. But don’t take my word for it, discover for yourself why Destin is a top attraction for adults!
Can you tell me the best place to rent a golf cart? Also, what do you think about the waterpark?