Looking for Destin attractions for adults? You may find that as a family-friendly destination, there are plenty of things to do with kids. But that doesn’t mean there is any shortage of adult activities! Check out these 7 Destin attractions for adults to get you started:
- Crab Island-Crab Island is a fun place for everyone. There are party crowds and there are family crowds, and Crab Island is large enough to be able to accommodate them both. Despite its name, Crab Island is actually not an island at all, but an underwater sandbar and popular gathering spot for locals and visitors alike who like to drop anchor for a day of fun in the sun. You’ll find floating restaurants, mobile food vendors who travel by boat, inflatable water parks, water volleyball, and occasionally even a band or local DJ playing on a floating stage. The closer to the stage you are, the more “adult” the activities tend to be. If you want to join the crowd at Crab Island, you’ll have to rent a boat to get there, but the memories you make will be well worth the cost.
- Sunset cruises-Sail off into the sunset as your captain shows you the sights and you watch for dolphins aboard your private captained catamaran. This cruise takes place in the evening at sunset, one of the most picturesque times of day, and is perfect for couples and groups looking for some quality time. As an added bonus, book for the fireworks show and top off your experience with a spectacular light show over the water.
- Flyboard Excursion-Not really an adults-only activity, but adults and teens probably get more enjoyment from a flyboard lesson than smaller kids who may have difficulty learning the sport. Perfect for the adventure lovers and thrill-seekers, the flyboard allows you a water sport experience unlike any other as you learn to propel yourself above the water and fly around like Ironman with the help of your water jet pack.
- Booze Cruise– Enjoy a 2-hour pedal pub booze cruise of the Destin Harbor and Choctawhatchee Bay. This fun and unique vessel is a paddleboat-style boat with large, comfortable bicycle style seats in front of a long mahogany bar. Pedal away, see the sights, and enjoy your favorite alcoholic beverages. BYOB. A captain is provided to navigate the boat.
- Jet Ski Rental– You can satisfy your need for speed as you race across the water or go at a slower pace and sightsee for dolphins and other wildlife while taking in the sights of the beautiful Emerald Coast. A guided dolphin tour on waverunners is also a great way to to see the sights and the local wildlife. You must be 18 to rent a jet ski in the state of Florida.
- Golf– There are plenty of golf courses, and even mini-golf courses, in and around the Destin area and you’ll have no trouble finding many of places to play a round or two, if golf is the type of activity that floats your boat. If you’re short on time or don’t want to pay hefty golf course fees, the local driving range, Golf Gardens, can be great fun for a couple of hours, and it’s easy on the wallet too!
- Local Breweries– Local breweries, like Grayton Beer Co., are popping up all along the coast. If you’re a craft beer lover, take the time to check some of the out. Many of them offer tasting events as well!
Whichever activity you decide to try, you’re sure to have a great time on Florida’s Emerald Coast. But don’t take my word for it, discover for yourself why Destin is a top attraction for adults!