If you’re not familiar with the term “bucket list”, it is a list of all the goals you want to achieve, dreams you want to fulfill, and life experiences you wish to experience before you die. Making a bucket list will help you to focus on creating a better life by doing those specific activities that you have always dreamed of. At Destin Vacation Boat Rentals, we are lucky enough to get to be able to help people cross activities off their bucket lists each year. Destin, FL offers many exciting experiences that are bucket list-worthy. If you are looking for ideas, start with this list of 7 bucket-list-worthy activities to try in Destin:
- Charter a yacht. The ultimate extravagance! Charter a yacht for your family and friends and spend a day at Crab Island soaking up the sun on the bow of the boat and enjoying the luxurious atmosphere that includes every comfort of home. An unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Sail off into the sunset. Leave your worries behind and cruise off into Destin’s famous sunset aboard a spacious 45ft power catamaran. Cruise the tropical waters of Destin, Florida with a warm Gulf of Mexico breeze and a magnificent sunset as a backdrop. Toast the end of another perfect day in paradise as you watch the sun slowly disappear beyond the horizon. Snuggle up with that special someone as the sun paints the sky with colors that change from brilliant blues to deep yellows, oranges, pinks, and reds. One Destin Sunset Cruise and you’ll understand why celebrating the sunset on the water is what this island paradise is all about.
- Go jet-skiing. Rent a waverunner for an hour (or for the day!) and satisfy your need for speed. These fast, yet stable, watercraft are fun for the whole family and allow a different riding experience than a boat. Race across the water or test out spins while enjoying the water’s spray or go at a slower pace and explore waterways that aren’t as accessible by boat. For added fun, try a guided waverunner dolphin tour!
- Do an Adventure Tour. This all-inclusive adventure includes sightseeing, snorkeling, paddleboarding, kayaking, shelling, and an inflatable water park in one fun-filled excursion. You can choose between 2.5, 3, or 4 hour trips. The longer 3 and 4 hour trips also include a separate stop at the famed Crab Island sandbar.
- Hold an alligator (or at least feed one). Nothing says “Florida” quite like alligators! Visit Fudpucker’s Gator Beach, which is home to over 100 baby alligators, where you can feed the reptiles and even get your picture holding one (it’s safe, we swear!).
- Catch a big fish. With a rich history steeped in fishing tradition dating back to the 1800s, and a location along the 100-fathom curve, fishing opportunities abound in Destin. Offering some of the best fishing in the United States, Destin offers the largest, most elaborately equipped fishing fleet in Florida. From inshore fishing for species such as speckled trout, redfish, and flounder to sport fishing excursions for marlin, tuna, and swordfish, to everything in between, there are charter boats standing by to make your fishing dreams come true.
- Helicopter Ride. Destin has several companies that will fly you along the beach in a helicopter. Nothing beats seeing the beach and the coastline of Destin from this vantage point!
Leave A Comment