Looking for adventurous things to do on your Destin vacation? You’ve come to the right place! Surrounded by water, Destin offers just about any type of activity you can imagine- on, under, and above the water’s surface. Here are a few exciting activities that you may find worthy of adding to your bucket list if you’re on the hunt for adventure.
- Go Jet Skiing–Rent a waverunner for an hour (or for the day!) and satisfy your need for speed. These fast, yet stable, watercraft are fun for the whole family and allow a different riding experience than a boat. Race across the water, test out spins while enjoying the water’s spray, or go at a slower pace and explore waterways that aren’t as accessible by boat. For added fun, try a guided waverunner dolphin tour!
- Try Flyboarding–With flyboarding, the rider stands on a board while strapped into a pair of boots. The boots are connected by a hose to a personal watercraft (similar to a jet ski), which allows the jet propulsion system to push water through the boots to launch you into the air like Ironman. You can propel above the water or dive headfirst into it while flipping and doing tricks in the air.
- Parasailing–Soar high above the world’s most beautiful beaches on a parasail ride. Float along the emerald coastline alone or with a group of friends or family and let your troubles drift away as you take in the breathtaking sights of the water and coastline below.
- Go Snorkeling and Explore for Marine Life. The crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico provide an excellent view of marine life such as fish, crabs, plant life, sea turtles, sting rays, and occasionally even manatee. Snorkeling is a fantastic way to experience the wonders of nature! Join a snorkel tour to get to the best spots to view marine life.
- Go Fishing–With a rich history steeped in fishing tradition dating back to the 1800s, and a location along the 100-fathom curve, fishing opportunities abound along the Gulf Coast. Offering some of the best fishing in the United States, Destin is home to the largest and most elaborately-equipped fishing fleet in Florida. From inshore fishing for species such as speckled trout, redfish, and flounder to sport fishing excursions for marlin, tuna, and swordfish, to everything in between, there are charter boats standing by to make your fishing dreams come true.
- Visit Crab Island-An underwater sandbar-turned-popular-boating-hangout, Crab Island is a unique experience for boaters. Rent a boat and drop anchor for the day while you enjoy the company of fellow boaters, sample fare from floating restaurants and food vendors, zip line over the water, bounce on inflatable trampolines or slide down inflatable slides, and more. Crab Island is an adventure as well as a destination!
- Try Spearfishing–This growing sport allows you to go beneath the water’s surface to target fish. A combination of scuba diving, fishing, and hunting, divers take spear guns on fishing excursions and shoot their prey rather than sinking lines into the water. For those who prefer to stay above the water’s surface, bowfishing is an alternative as well.
All of these adventurous activities and more await you through Destin Vacation Boat Rentals! Contact us at 850-650-2628 to schedule your watersports adventure today!