My husband and I have certainly had our share of Destin date nights over the last 17 years. We’ve also been lucky enough to help other couples plan extra-special date nights for occasions like marriage proposals and vow renewals, so we have a little bit of experience with romantic activities in Destin. With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, it seemed like a good idea to throw out a few date night ideas for those who aren’t familiar with Destin, so here are a few ideas if you’re looking for a little help planning a romantic evening during your Destin vacation.
- There are plenty of options for a romantic dinner and a moonlit stroll along the beach, a romantic activity that everyone should try at least once! We like going to Camille’s which is across the street from a public access beach, so you can go for a stroll afterwards. Ask for a table on the balcony if the weather is nice. The warm breeze and rustle of the palm trees is a perfect compliment to the laid-back atmosphere.
- If you really want to knock her socks off, plan dinner for two actually ON the beach at Henderson Park Inn’s BeachWalk Café and maybe even get away for a whole night at this fabulous B&B. Henderson Park Inn was rated the most romantic hotel in all of North America by TripAdvisor. Now THAT’S impressive!
- Have dinner at Louisiana Lagniappe or the Marina Café, which both overlook the scenic Destin Harbor, and then sail off into the sunset by boat on a private sunset cruise. (The romantic and private setting of the boat has proven to be the perfect place to propose, should you be so inclined…) You can choose to have a captain guide you while you sip on cocktails or you can drive the boat yourself for ultimate privacy.
- Want an intimate dinner for 2? Have dinner and drinks at the award-winning Bijoux. The warm, cozy, intimate atmosphere makes this restaurant a must-visit! Do yourself a favor and try their signature filet mignon with lobster tempura, and goat cheese ice cream for dessert (trust me on this!).
- Big anniversary coming up? Why not renew your vows in paradise? We’ve helped arrange several vow renewals for couples celebrating big anniversaries. The sunset glistening over the water makes a perfect backdrop if you’d like to renew by boat and let us arrange all the details, or you can have a simple ceremony on the beach.
What other date night activities have you tried in Destin? Leave a comment and let me know!